Soulful Sunday: Seven Things I'm Grateful For - Volume 3
Good morning y'all. Let me be real with you for a minute. I was just lying on my couch...in tears...about how tired I am and how much I didn't want to even think about today's to-do list. But then I realized how many blessings have been bestowed upon me lately so I decided I had to stop feeling sorry for myself and get to work. And what better way to start my day (and my week) then to revisit the Soulful Sunday series I'd started on this blog years ago.
1. I passed my gestational diabetes test!!! Yay for me! Yay for Baby Ava! I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes three years ago so you can only imagined how ecstatic I was to hear the results.
Oh and for those expecting mothers who are wondering about alternatives to the glucose drink, there really do exist. My midwife allowed me to drink the Naked Juice Blue Machine in lieu of that orange syrup. Now mind you I still had to fast the night before and although more natural, those 52 grams of sugar on an empty stomach definitely had Baby Girl a little more active in the a.m. than normal.
2. I have an interview in two weeks for a full time work-from-home position! Yes I love my classroom and my students dearly, but I'm about to a breastfeeding, make her baby food from scratch, first-time mommy. I would really appreciate the opportunity to work from home while she's a tiny human. Please pray that I am offered this position. If I am given the opportunity, I have ideas how to use the new job to take this blog to the next level.
3. I started my online boutique and made my first sale! I want to write more about this in the future so for right now I will just direct you to my site www.understatedclothing.com so you can look around yourself. Any feedback would be appreciated!
4. There are currently two condominiums available in this community I adore. Why am I so excited for a place I haven't even put in an offer for? Well, I'd had my eye on one condo in the same community two months ago but it sold before I could get all paperwork together. Talk about disappointment. By the end of November I should be ready to put in a bid so knowing that there are similar homes (and at a lower price point I might add) gives me hope that the housing gods are working in my favor.
5. My creative bug is back! The past few months have been quite an emotional roller coaster and the crazy thing about it is that my pregnancy has nothing to do with it. I'm almost ready to talk about it here on the blog, but I just need a little more time to process everything. But luckily for me, I've been able to channel my energy into my online store, DIY projects and getting fancy with my wardrobe. I promise in future posts to share with you all this stuff. Between teaching functions and this growing baby in my belly, I am a little bit more tired than usual.
6. I finally found holy grail skin and beauty products. My skin has been on fleek for the last few months. Again, details will be in future posts. Sorry for the wait.
7. I started therapy again and I love it. I had a major falling out with my therapist I was seeing prior to moving to Jacksonville. It was to the point where I swore off therapy forever. But a family member recommended someone who got them through a tough time so after a few months of persuading I gave in. I'm glad I did. My therapist is a God send.